Within the law guide rankings for Projects and PPP, Philip Lee is consistently ranked as a top tier firm so you can be assured that you are being advised by true specialists. The partners in the Construction, Projects and PPP group include Kerri Crossen, Jonathan Kelly, Damien Young, Clare Cashin, Hugh Cummins and Philip Lee. Collectively they have advised public and private bodies on over 200 major projects, among which are some of the largest infrastructure projects undertaken in Ireland.
The work we do:
- Port of Cork: recently appointed to act for the Port of Cork in its significant redevelopment project.
- NDFA: advised on Schools Bundle 5 PPP reaching financial close in July 2016 and Schools Bundle 4 which reached financial close in December 2014.
- N25 PPP: advised the sponsor, a BAM-Iridium consortium, on this €230 million roads PPP project which reached financial close in January 2016.
- Primary Care PPP: advised Balfour Beatty/ JJ Rhatigans as the Construction Joint Venture to the successful consortium for the Primary Care Centres PPP. This closed in May 2016.
- Philip Lee was instructed to act for the developer in relation to the redevelopment of a Dublin City Council social accommodation site at Charlemont in Dublin 2. This closed in December 2015.
Key areas where clients seek our advice:
- Understanding of risk: The key to a successful project in the PPP area is an understanding of what risks can and cannot be transferred from the public sector to the private sector.
- Providing efficiencies: Thanks to our many years of experience our clients find that project negotiations become efficient, concise and non-adversarial. Our group provides advice that is friendly, accessible and has the benefit of a long history of success and specialist expertise.
- Broad experience: We act for private sector sponsors, project lenders and the public sector. That means we understand what is required to balance the needs of the public and private sectors, allowing us to develop contracts that keep PPP projects moving forward.
“They were always available to deal with any contractual queries we had,” Chambers Europe, 2018