Friday, April 6, 2018
Chambers Europe have been ranking the best lawyers since 1990, and now cover 185 jurisdictions.
Chambers rank both lawyers and law firms based on the research of more than 170 full-time editors and researchers.
We are delighted to announce Chambers have ranked Philip Lee in the following areas:
- Clients note that Philip Lee “demonstrates a keen mind and comes up with innovative solutions to instructions.” He is regarded by interviewees as an “experienced practitioner” with expertise in procurement and public law.
- Head of department Ronan Dunne is “extremely affable and has an excellent knowledge of competition and contract law,” according to interviewees. He is best known for state aid and merger control work.
- Clients highlight that the team’s “very capable, flexible, and gave us as a client a very personal service,” one source reports, adding: “They were always available to deal with any contractual queries we had.”
- One client describes the firm as “very responsive and flexible, with lots of great experience.”
- Clients appreciate that the team is “commercially minded in engaging with the content of contracts rather than just the legal side.”
- Andreas McConnell is valued by clients for his “ability to understand a client’s business, navigate complexity with multiple stakeholders, make complex legal issues easily understandable and provide practical, workable solutions.”
- Clients often praise the “commercially focused” attitude of the firm, with one praising team members for their “understanding of the commercial decisions a company makes and finding solutions for that.”
- One client describes the firm as “highly responsive,” before noting: “The firm had very strong communication lines and we were easily able to get into contact when necessary.”
- A pleased client notes: “The work is thorough, the attention to detail is excellent, the advice is practical and well thought through, and the legal implications and precedents are always explained in the context of the particular issue.”
- The team is also noted for its quick turnaround times: “They are very responsive at all times,” one client reports, adding: “They are prompt in responding to e-mails and they are proactive in keeping me informed of the progress of matters.”
- A pleased client notes that Patrick Walshe “has a command of employment law at his fingertips, but more significantly, is able to apply that to achieve the best commercial solution for clients.”
- One client highlights the team’s litigation capabilities and describes the team as “pragmatic, flexible and able to find solutions.”
- Another client adds: “They are a terrific team which is very knowledgeable about brand and IP.”
- Anne Bateman is widely respected by clients in the technology and pharmaceutical sectors for her “expertise and in-depth knowledge” of contentious IP matters. She is particularly well versed in trade mark proceedings and copyright licensing mandates.
- Clients praise the team for being “very responsive, very easy to contact and very willing to respond to ad hoc queries and review documents.”
- One client says that Kerri Crossen’s “specific knowledge of procurement case law is unrivalled,” highlighting her “encyclopaedic knowledge of judgments, cases and minutiae inside and out.”
- One client praises Jonathan Kelly for his “excellent knowledge of our needs and a pragmatic approach to negotiations.”
- According to clients, John O’Donoghue of Philip Lee is “is a technically excellent lawyer and is always commercially minded, so he can provide an outstanding all-round service,”
- Clients regard Jonathan Kelly as “a wonderful asset,” explaining: “He is calm, resourceful, patient and knowledgeable. I relied on him heavily and he never failed me in terms of his advice.”
- Other interviewees stated that Brian Gormley “is a highly experienced lawyer, particularly in the animation sector.”
- Clients regard Gavin McGuire as “a very approachable guy, very knowledgeable and has very good interpersonal skills.”