George is a senior associate in the banking and finance team, advising the firm’s domestic and international clients on all aspects of their corporate banking requirements, as well as being a part of the firm’s corporate and commercial team.
He has advised on a wide range of financing transactions including secured lending transactions, property, acquisition and project finance with particular focus on the infrastructure, energy and real estate sectors.
George has also provided corporate advice on a broad range of topics, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, reorganisations and commercial contracts.
Before joining Philip Lee, George worked in one of New Zealand’s premier corporate law firms advising local and international clients in relation to environmental and planning matters.
George’s recent transactions include advising:
- A leading Irish property developer on the refinancing of a circa €200 million real estate portfolio and numerous other property financing transactions.
- Leading service station and fuel distribution business Corrib Oil on its acquisition of H2 Group, adding 13 new sites to the Corrib Oil retail portfolio, and the simultaneous refinancing of Corrib Oil’s working capital and term debt.
- Digital 9 Infrastructure plc on the acquisition of the entire share capital of Aqua Comms DAC, a Dublin-headquartered operator of sub-sea cable infrastructure.
- Sustainable Development Capital (SDCL) on the refinancing of two energy efficiency retrofit projects in the hospitals sector as well as the financing of a new energy efficiency project at Tallaght Hospital.
- Ireland’s sovereign wealth fund ISIF on debt financing transactions with borrowers in the renewable fuels and office accommodation sectors.