Ita is a partner-level Consultant in the Corporate and Commercial Department of Philip Lee. She has extensive experience advising public and private companies on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, fundraisings, commercial contracts and reorganisations.
In addition, she has a keen interest in corporate governance and advises Boards of public and private companies and the not-for-profit sector on best practice guidelines and developments in this area.
Prior to joining Philip Lee in November 2015, Ita spent 15 years working for one of Ireland’s largest law firms. She is a firm believer in the value of delivering tailor-made, commercial, pragmatic advice to clients and prioritises understanding clients’ businesses and commercial drivers in order to deliver a first class service.
Her experience includes:
- Advising on the full range of commercial contracts, including joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements, supply and distribution contracts and transitional services agreements.
- Advising on a broad range of international and domestic M&A transactions across a number of sectors.
- Acting on a number of high-profile Irish capital markets transactions, including IPOs on the Main Market and ESM/AIM, placings and public takeovers.
- Extensive experience in capital markets and security law advices, including compliance/regulatory matters under Stock Exchange Rules and international best practice guidelines.
- Advising plc clients in respect of various EU-wide securities law regimes, including Prospectus, Market Abuse and Transparency Law.
- Advising public and private companies on a broad range of Corporate Governance and compliance matters, including the implications of the Companies Act 2014.
Her key specialist areas include Irish company law, capital markets and securities law, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and commercial contracts.