No other firm in Ireland has the depth of resources and recent infrastructure experience that we have.
Our partner-led construction group advises on all aspects of the development of construction projects in both the public and private sectors, acting for developers, contractors, employers, investors and lending institutions.
Our expertise spans all sectors, including commercial, health, housing, renewables, industrial, student accommodation, and ports amongst others.
Given the complex nature of construction projects, disputes arise from time to time. We provide strategic and commercial advice to drive an expeditious resolution of disputes in order to minimise the impact on projects.
We have advised on some of the most significant and largest developments in Ireland over recent years.
The key to our success is the collaborative approach of our team in terms of how we collaborate with our clients to deliver upon their key aims and how we collaborate as one team leveraging our expertise across planning, procurement, project finance, real estate and construction to the benefit of our clients. The strength and depth of our resources is unparalleled in the Irish market and we draw on these resources to deliver innovative solutions in often complex and challenging matters. We are consistently ranked as a top tier firm, so you can be assured that you are being advised by experts.
On the non-contentious side, the team advises on:
- contracts for building and engineering works at all tiers
- contracts for design consultancy services
- construction management services
- collateral warranty documentation
- regulatory issues including building control and health and safety
- health and safety appointments
On the contentious side, the firm has advised on a variety of complex construction disputes arising out of some of the most significant construction projects in the country’s history, representing both public and private sector clients. We have successfully acted in conciliation and arbitration proceedings arising from construction and civil engineering contracts.
- Banking and Finance
- Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- Projects and Construction
- Public Procurement
- Real Estate
Click here to read more
- Advising a major developer on the construction of an EMEA HQ in Dublin 4 for international social media entity (325,000 square feet Grade A offices), LEED platinum rating.
- Advising various developers/investors on significant residential housing developments, both private and social/affordable.
- Acting for major financial institutions in respect of the development finance of private residential developments and commercial office developments.
- Acting for international renewables company in the development of one of Ireland’s first battery storage plants (50 MW).
- Acting for National Development Finance Agency on multiple public private partnerships for the development of schools, social housing, third level institutions and primary care centres.
- Advising public and private sector clients on tender processes and construction contracts under the Capital Works Management Framework
- Advising on the construction law aspects of major renewables projects, including wind, solar, district heating, amongst others
- Advising contractors and employers in relation to claims for non-payment and in a variety of insolvency scenarios
- Advising in adjudication proceedings (both statutory and contractual) arising out of PPP projects and high-profile private developments
- Advising in conciliation, mediation and arbitration proceedings arising out of both standard and bespoke industry contracts
- Advising in health and safety investigations and prosecutions
Experienced, responsive and producing excellent quality output.
Chambers Europe, 2022
They have a strength and depth in their partners and the expert services they can provide to react to any given situation that is second to none.
Legal 500, 2022
The firm provides full contentious and non-contentious legal services delivered by a diverse team. When faced with multiple complex legal arguments on a major dispute, the firm was able to mobilise a team of experienced lawyers at short notice to prepare and successfully present rebuttals.
Legal 500, 2022
News and insights
Relief in sight for contractors on public sector projects?
Key Contact: Angelyn Rowan - Partner In the 2022 edition of Housing Ireland Magazine, construction partner Angelyn Rowan discusses a new Inflation/Supply Chain Delay Co-operation Framework, the pressure contractors are experiencing as a result of inflation and the...
Philip Lee exclusive legal partner of Construction Industry Federation Southern Construct Summit
Key Contract: Kerri Cossen - Partner Philip Lee is delighted to be the exclusive legal partner of the Construction Industry Federation (CIF) Southern Construct Summit, taking place in Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Cork on 8 September 2022. This year’s Summit will explore the many...
Further changes announced by the OGP to assist with inflation issues in Irish public works contracts
Key Contacts: Angelyn Rowan - Partner | Kerri Crossen - Partner | Cian Moriarty - Senior Associate Contractors and employers have struggled to deal with the issue of materials inflation over the last 18 months. This issue is exacerbated on public works contracts,...