Philip Lee is a leading commercial law firm recognised as ‘Top Tier’ across general areas of law. We value talented professional specialists who would like to develop their talents in a rapidly growing firm.
A position has arisen within Philip Lee’s IT Department for an IT System Administrator who will work alongside the existing IT Team to manage and support the firm’s ICT infrastructure, services and software portfolio.
This position will be a 6 month fixed term contract.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- A background of IT support and systems management in a mid-sized company, preferably in the legal services sector;
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills;
- Ability to interact professionally with staff at all levels of the organisation, both verbally and in writing;
- Good communication skills;
- Reliability and attention to detail;
- A good customer facing ability is essential.
Key responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Day to day support of the ICT Infrastructure including mobiles, desktop, laptops, printers, servers, switches, phones, storage, and security;
- Desktop and application support: Windows 10, and associated software applications;
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting computer hardware, operating systems and applications;
- Managing 1st and 2nd level support calls (both local and remote) from end users via helpdesk system, telephone or in person;
- Administration and support of Hyper-V, Window Server, Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS & DHCP;
- Administration and support of Office 365;
- Assisting the IT Manager with any technical task;
- Working with 3rd party vendors;
- Taking charge on assigned IT projects reporting in directly to the IT Manager.
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language;
- Good problem solving and decision making skills;
- Good analytical skills to effectively plan appropriate corrective action and escalation of support issues;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong PC and computer peripheral equipment skills;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills;
- Good team work and organisational skills.
Required Technical Ability
- Experience with Windows server;
- Experience with Windows server protocols such as DHCP, DNS, Group Policy;
- Experience supporting Exchange & Active Directory;
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite;
- A professional IT Certification such as the MCSE/CCNA is an advantage;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within IT;
- Experience with networking TCP/IP an advantage;
- Experience working in a legal background an advantage.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to HR Manager Nicola McKenna.