Inez is a partner in Philip Lee’s corporate department. She focuses on advising domestic and international clients doing business in or through Ireland.
Inez has wide ranging transactional experience across various sectors. She has represented clients on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, fundraisings, AIM admissions and placings, Takeover Code issues, start-up investments, corporate recovery/insolvency, development finance transactions, corporate governance, commercial contracts, employment law issues and general corporate/commercial law matters for Irish and international clients.
Inez is a qualified Irish and UK lawyer. Her knowledge, together with practical experience, enables her to represent companies, directors, shareholders, debtors and creditors alike with a strong focus on commercial realism, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Advising Petrel PLC on an unauthorised sale of shares in breach of a contracted lock-in deed and securing a High Court injunction against the relevant shareholders.
- Advising Petrel Resources plc on their requirements under Rule 9 of the Takeover Code and the requisite Whitewash Resolution and Waiver from the Irish Take Over Panel.
- Advising JWP Enterprise Fund on substantial property/company acquisitions under the Immigrant Investor Programme.
- Acted for the Examiner in the successful High Court Examinerships of Cool Cat Plant Services Limited and Ryco Book Protection Services Limited Acted for majority shareholder in the successful High Court Examinership of PBR Restautants Limited.
- Advised EQTEC PLC, the AIM listed technology solution company for waste gasification to energy projects, on its acquisition of EQTEC Iberia SRL for £14,000,000 being a reverse takeover for the Company together with their Placing raising a further £1.6 million.
- Advised Eqtec on their successful cross border Examinership of their renewable energy group.
- Advised the leading healthcare IT supplier IMS MAXIMS cross border examinership under the European Insolvency Regulations and related investment including Letter of Request from the Irish High Court to the High Court of England and Wales under the European Communities (Corporate Insolvency) Regulations 2002.
- Advised on the Irish aspects of the €215m (£190m) refinancing of Generator Hostels for private equity real estate fund manager Queensgate Investments seven months after buying the business for €450m Advised Eqtec plc on its successful High Court Examinership.
- Advised the Arvum Group on their joint venture between Waterford-based Seedtech, part of the Arvum Group, and DLF-Trifolium, the world’s largest producer of grass and clover seed.
- Advised Trinity Care on the acquisition and development of numerous Nursing Homes in Ireland.
- Advised on the refinancing of debt of Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel with Bluebay Ireland Corporate Credit and Bank of Ireland.
- Advised Great Northern Distillery Limited Acquisition of Harp Brewery and numerous investments in the Company under the EIIS scheme.
- Advised Petrel Resources plc arbitration before the International Court of Arbitration concerning exploration rights in the Porcupine Basin of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Advised on the sale of the 100% interest in the Irish and UK SITECH business of Korec to Finning UK Limited.
- Advised on the acquisition by Henry Schein Inc (the world’s largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical and animal health practitioners) of C&M Vetlink plc, a leading distributor of animal health products in Ireland.
- Advised Petrel Resources PLC, an AIM listed company, in its acquisition of a 20 per cent shareholding in Amira Hydrocarbons Wasit B.V. (“Amira”), which is the holder of a 25 per cent carried interest in certain oil and gas exploration and production licences in the Wasit Province of Iraq.
- Advised on the sale of Cooley Distillery to US firm Jim Beam (the fourth-biggest spirits company in the world) for $95 million (€73 million).
- Advised Origin Enterprises plc on the merger of their fish oil and meal business reported at €78 million.