We don’t just identify the risk, we create the solution.
We advise companies (from start-ups to established multinationals), government departments, state bodies, the not-for-profit sector and charities on legal and governance matters.
As well as being experienced lawyers, senior members of our corporate group sit on the boards of various organisations including hospitals, charities, state bodies and private businesses. We understand that legal advice must be capable of practical implementation.
Benefiting from the international focus of our business, through our offices (in Dublin, London and San Francisco) and membership of Multilaw, we can provide you with access to the very latest international corporate developments and to thought leaders.
Our solutions strike an appropriate balance between securing stakeholder, investor and regulatory confidence and facilitating commercial objectives and operations. We help board members and senior executives to function efficiently within the applicable legal and regulatory parameters.
Clients seek our advice in the following legal areas:
- Directors’ duties and responsibilities
- Shareholder rights and actions
- Company law and compliance
- Company secretarial matters
- Board structure
- Director governance training
- Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies
- Ethics in Public Office legislation
- Company and shareholder disputes
Click here to read more
- Advising FDI clients entering EU on appropriate Irish governance structures
- Advising several public sector bodies on the preparation of a Code of Business Conduct, in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice for Governance of State Bodies
- Advising a hybrid public-private organisation on appropriate measures to secure board compliance with governance policies and legislative non-disclosure requirements
- Assisting a government department to carry out a review of governance standards within a sector it regulates and to recommend alternative governance structures
- Advising a well-known private company in relation to a shareholder dispute
- Provision of full induction and governance training to the board of directors of a private company
- Advising a corporate body established by royal charter on its corporate governance obligations
- Provision of corporate secretarial assistance to many of our commercial clients
Overall an excellent team throughout the firm.
Legal 500, 2023
I feel confident that I am receiving the best counsel from people who understand the business and where it intends to move towards.
Legal 500, 2022
The individuals provide excellent pragmatic advice and think creatively to support business challenges from a legal standpoint.
Legal 500, 2022
Innovative and well-rounded in their thinking and approach to challenges.
LEGAL 500, 2021
‘Corporate Law Firm of the Year’
Irish Law Awards 2021
Responsive, transparent and commercial.
Chambers Europe, 2021
News and insights
2023 was another record breaking year for our M&A team which has seen our rankings in the Mergermarket report on the Irish M&A market strongly rise again. Those rankings show that we continue to gain market share in the large complex transactions both in terms...
Philip Lee has been ranked #7 Irish law firm for Mergermarket global and regional M&A rankings 2023. Andreas McConnell, head of corporate at Philip Lee said, “I am especially proud of the year our M&A team have had in 2023. This mergermarket ranking reconfirms...
Key Contacts: Laura Mullen - Partner | Brendan O'Connor - Partner | Cian Moriarty - Partner | Hugo Grattirola - Partner | Jonathan Kelly - Managing Partner Philip Lee is pleased to announce the appointment of four new partners following a period of...