Leading advisors at the heart of the Dublin and London blockchain communities.
Both Ireland and the UK continue to lead the way as jurisdictions for both established businesses and startups in the blockchain sector.
The blockchain sector is evolving at an unprecedented rate – the primary focus has matured from purely seeking alternatives to the existing monetary system, with Web 3.0, the metaverse, DeFi, DEXs, NFTs and other digital tokenisation offerings taking centre stage.
Companies and individuals operating in this area need lawyers who understand the fundamentals as well as the technical language involved and who have the ability to address complex legal issues without the cost of extensive research and investigation. Having lawyers that have worked in this sector (both in Dublin and London) for almost a decade means that our experience and skill set at Philip Lee is almost unparalleled.
A snapshot of the type of clients we work with include:
- those seeking advice on the legal and regulatory landscape applicable to digital/virtual asset businesses/service providers in the UK and Ireland (including STOs, digital tokenisation projects and IEOs);
- individuals and/or venture capital funds investing in the sector;
- blockchain businesses partaking in a more traditional equity investment round or a full buy-side/sell-side process;
- virtual asset service providers (VASPs) and blockchain businesses involved in disputes.
Click here to read more
- Advising a leading digital asset exchange on (1) their contractual arrangements with a crypto custodian provider and (2) on the SaaS contract governing the “white labelling” of their platform.
- Advising multiple virtual asset service providers on their VASP applications with the CBI.
- Providing legal opinions to multiple NFT service providers, regarding their legal and regulatory obligations.
- Advising a company providing a blockchain based supply-chain solution to the oil and gas and manufacturing sectors, an equity fundraising round.
- Advising a ‘banking as a service’ company, providing solutions to banks for onboarding blockchain based businesses, on a VC backed equity investment and on their subsequent acquisition of an EMI licence (via the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of the selling company).
If you're a founder in the crypto or blockchain space in Ireland, you'll want to get to know the team at Philip Lee.
Pete Townsend, Managing Director at Techstars
News and insights
Key Contacts: Andrew Tzialli - Partner | Head of blockchain and crypto assets, Andrew Tzialli, spoke to the Web3 passport in their latest podcast to discuss the world of blockchain and digital assets. The Web3 passport podcast explores areas such as Web3, blockchain,...
Key Contacts: Andrew Tzialli - Partner Whilst the crypto and digital asset industry remains an emerging market, it continues to rapidly gain traction across the globe. However, due to the often lack of regulatory frameworks, investors and traders have been facing...
Key Contact: Andrew Tzialli - Partner The world’s second largest cryptocurrency, Ethereum, recently hit the headlines in a highly publicised upgrade of its blockchain mechanism in an event known as ‘the Merge”. With a sizeable reduction in global energy consumption...