Eoin is a partner in the corporate and commercial department. Eoin specialises in corporate advisory work leading the firm’s commercial contracts department. Eoin is an expert in corporate restructuring and insolvency law with extensive experience from acting for insolvency practitioners, companies and creditors in a number of high profile liquidations, examinerships and receiverships.
Eoin advises domestic and international clients on all of their ongoing commercial contract requirements including distribution agreements, sponsorship agreements, franchising agreements, managed inventory contracts and contracts for the sale of goods/services including on consignment. Eoin’s expertise extends to corporate governance matters and advises the firm’s clients on all aspects of their requirements to include providing seminars and training.
Eoin regularly works on corporate transactions involving the acquisition and/or sale of businesses. Eoin has broad experience in advising on regulatory matters across a number of sectors from the financial services sector to the insurance sector.
Eoin is a key member of the firm’s sports law team and has extensive experience in acting for the governing body of sport in Ireland aswell as acting for a leading sporting retailer.
- Advising a division of an international plc on putting in place a global distribution agreement for the supply of products worldwide to the stores of the leading provider of mobile phones and tablets.
- Advising a state entity on the impact on it of the examinership of a contracted group of companies in the pharmaceutical sector and achieving a significant return for it.
- Acting for the founder director of a large contractor developer in successfully defending the director from a restriction order application brought against him by the liquidator.
- Advising a division of an international plc on the contracts and regulatory framework for the running of an e-store for the sale of technology products.
- Advising a healthcare company on its distribution agreements and supply terms.
- Advising a credit reporting service on all of its business requirements including the entry into a credit scoring agreement.
- Acting for a large Irish university in relation to the contractual documents necessary for it to commence works on developing an innovation district.
- Acting for a large Irish university in the preparation of sponsorship agreements for its use in connection to sponsorship agreement for the campus, for innovation and entrepreneurship and for sport.
- Advising the Irish state on a framework agreement for the pricing of medicine with a representative body of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Acting for a leading vitamin drink manufacturer and advising it on its expansion into North America.
- Advising a technology company on a restructure of its organisation.
- Acting as lead advisor to a state body in the implementation of a capital grant scheme.
- Acting for a pharmaceutical company on the acquisition, licensing and exploitation of a new pharmaceutical product.
- Advising a large sporting goods retailer in relation to it entering into distribution and manufacturing agreements with market leading sports goods manufacturers and a kit supplier.
- Acting for the franchisor of a successful take-away food business in concluding a large number of franchise agreements across Ireland.
- Acting for the vendor in the multi million euro sale of its tyre business to a UK backed investor.
- Providing Irish law advice in relation to the sale of a pharmacy group with branches in Ireland.
Eoin qualified as a solicitor in 2009 and joined the firm in 2015 having previously worked for a leading commercial law firm where he advised private and institutional clients on their corporate requirements. Eoin is a graduate of UCD (BBLS Hons) and holds a law society diploma in Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring. Eoin is a member of the Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners (ISIP) and the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association (DSBA). Eoin regularly speaks at seminars and publishes in journals on corporate, insolvency and sports law matters.