The hotel, tourism and leisure sector remains a multi-billion Euro global industry.
The hotel, tourism and leisure sector is more than most, highly impacted by market fluctuations and global events such as the Covid-19 pandemic. The associated complexities, be it as an investor, owner, operator or finance provider, call for advisors with an ability to provide clear, bespoke and strategic advice.
Our experts from the hotel, tourism and leisure team advise investors, owners, operators and finance providers in areas including:
- Real estate
- Corporate finance
- Planning, construction and building control
- Climate and environmental
- Tax and succession planning
- Employment and immigration
- EU competition and regulatory
As a commercial multidisciplinary firm, we bolster the team with access to experts in the areas of:
- Intellectual property
- Data, privacy and technology
- Media and entertainment
- Foreign direct investment
Click here to read more
Acquisitions and disposals:
- Mount Wolsey Hotel Spa and Golf Resort, Carlow.
- Farnham Estate Spa and Resort, Cavan.
- Carton House Spa and Golf Resort, Kildare.
Tax and succession planning:
- Lead tax adviser on high profile hotel sales including the Gibson Hotel and the Glenroyal Hotel.
EU, competition and regulatory:
Advising clients on their merger control obligations in securing deal approval from the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission including advising on the sale of certain Moran/Bewley’s hotels which were acquired by Dalata Hotel Group.
Operational and financing matters such as:
- Planning advice in connection with a challenge to the redevelopment of a golf course and five-star hotel.
- Advising a hotel operator in Dublin 4 on the refinance of loan facilities from a loan fund with a pillar bank.
- Advising a pillar bank on the financing of construction of a new wing and conference centre by an existing hotel operator.